Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Swimming Through Life

Friday, January 31, 2014

K is for Kinda

The Rogue Speaks:



It's kinda sad that after major incidents that cripple cities and put lives at risk, the
heads of state and local governments think that saying, "I take full responsibility," or "I'm sorry that this happened on my watch," will make everything o.k., at least until
the next time it happens.  In 2010, a major winter storm crippled Atlanta.  It was a complete and total mess!  After the fact, the people in charge apologized, saying that they had learned a great deal during that event, and measures had been put in place so that it would never happen again.  Oh, really????   What happened to all those "measures?"  Did the dog eat their homework?????

It's kinda scary that a politician would threaten to throw someone over a banister a couple of stories down onto a marble floor, and then say, " Sorry!  We'll do lunch soon."  Does lunch make it o.k.? Nooooo, I don't think so.  Frankly, I wouldn't be caught dead having lunch with someone like that!!!  Really!!!!

What is wrong with people these days!!!!!!  They seem to think they can say and do (or NOT do) whatever they want to, and apologizing on national television makes everything o.k.  Well, at least until the next time it happens.  If those politicians were people for whom I had voted to represent me, I can tell you now, they would never get my vote again.  I expect leaders to set a good example, and lately that just hasn't happened.

I'm kinda mad, so rather than risk saying something for which I would have to apologize on national blogland, I suggest that you head on over to Jenny's and read  some nice, friendly posts for Alphabe-Thursday!

12 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Sad. I think the Mayor of Toronto probably trumps all of your politicians for stupidity, though. He also thinks saying sorry ought to erase his behavior.

Splendid Little Stars said...

Oh there's your kitty! Now that I'm not on my phone I can see Violet! uumm...climbing the tree?!!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Whaddaya mean "good example?"What kind of concept is that?!
Apologies only happen after getting caught and does not mean that the person is actually sorry.

Pondside said...

I'm sure you have your issues down south of the border, but I hope you have no one like the mayor of our largest city - Toronto. What a sad situation!

Carol L McKenna said...

Smart lady ~ 'knowing when to stop' ~ great post for K ~ Happy Weekend to you ^_^

carol xxx
www.acreativeharbor.com

Gattina said...

If it can comfort you, it's everywhere the same !

Karen S. said...

Oh great KOOL post, and Judie once again you are way more right on that just kinda, but also KOOL is that you are here again!

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

Funny how they think they can get away with something by just saying "Sorry" or "I didn't mean it" or "It'll never happen again" ... until it happens again...
Politicians, celebrities, sports figures.... doesn't matter, they all think they can get away with whatever.
Oh, and flying kites on a beach would be awesome!!

Bruce Coltin said...

You're kinda old fashioned. The kinda behavior you expect from others has kinda gone out of style.

Lulu said...

I am continually amazed by how the powers that be think that issuing an apology takes care of everything.

Judie said...

Bruce, thanks for your comment. Yes, I know that I am old-fashioned in my thinking that people should be polite and gracious. I just believe that being mean-spirited does nothing good in this world.

Jenny said...

It kinda ticks me off too...

If they were voted into power, than I think it is their obligation to keep our best interests in mind and put their best foot forward.

Thanks for linking to the letter "K"!

A++