Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Thursday, March 18, 2010

How To Merge Successfully




The Rogue Speaks:
*
When Cindy Cook married Thayer Keller, her life took on a whole new meaning. I first met Cindy at the Tucson Botanical Garden when I had two Guild shows dumped in my lap. The one I knew about, an outdoor exhibit, was the very first show and sale that SAAG ever had. The one that came as a complete surprise was an exhibit in Porter Hall. Both shows turned out to be a complete success, thanks to Cindy, who helped me through my initiation as Director of Exhibitions for SAAG. Then Cindy left TBG when she married Thayer, and the odyssey began.
*
I had seen Cindy's beautiful, hand-made clothes at the TMA shows, when she was still juggling two lives--her artistic life and her job at TBG. When I ran into her last Sunday, I discovered that she and Thayer were now full-time artisans. It takes a special dedication not only to merge two lives, but in the process, become self-sufficient in one's craft. The Kellers have done just that.
*
In the photo above, you see an Indonesian cotton jacket, an Indonesian cotton vest, and a tan mudcloth jacket. I really like the mudcloth! To see more of Cindy and Thayer's work, click on http://www.casatranquiladesigns.com/To view their work up close and personal, the big outdoor show and sale at the Tucson Museum of Art begins Friday, March 26 and runs through Sunday. If you have never gone to this show, shame on you! DO IT! I'd better run into you there!
*
p.s. Thanks, Kayla!

No comments: