Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Sunday, March 14, 2010

"Saturday, In The Park, ...."




The Rogue Speaks:
*
My apologies to the group, Chicago, but it wasn't the fourth of July, it was the 13th of March.
*
What an artful whirlwind yesterday! The day started off with the first meeting of the Guild's critique club. Those of you who signed up but didn't show up missed something special. We had a great time, and LOTS of good tips. Don't forget next month!!
*
I went to Many Hands Courtyard, to see the work of Diane Haugh, JoAnne Hungate, Susan Maki, Nancy Norton, and Peggy Greene. They are pictured above, in that nice group picture. They are blocking the view of Diane's work, but I've put plenty of her paintings on the blog, so you already know how good she is. I took a picture of Susan's work, but for some reason it didn't come out, so I have to get some pictures from her that I can put up for you to see.
*
Such talent! You will see some of their work in the pictures on the right.
*
While I was there I went into the spinner's studio and spent the last money in my wallet on some beautiful wool. I usually don't go around without any cash, but I knew that my next stop was the reception, so I wouldn't go hungry.
*
Then it was on to Brandi Fenton Park, for the Guild reception in the gallery there. Just look at all that great ceramic tile work at the entrance to the memory garden! I was so delighted with the show and all that yummy reception food that I invited a couple of women who were riding bikes around the park to come in and view the art, have so punch and a snack. Well they did, and actually bought two of my encaustics that I had on display there! I plan to take two more down on Monday to replace the two that sold.
*
After a terrific birthday dinner with my husband at Gold, I slept like a log last night, all the colors of the wonderful artwork swirling around in my head! I am lucky to know such talented people.
*
p.s. It is now Sunday afternoon, and I just got back from Mordecai Colodner's show. He's been holding out on us! I saw some of his paintings that I had never seen, and they were awesome! I asked him to send me some jpg's tonight, so I can put them on the blog tomorrow.
*
I also ran into an old friend, Cindy Cook-Keller, whom I met at the very first exhibit the Guild had at the Botanical Garden. Cindy buys fabrics from all over the world, then designs and sews clothing to suit the fabric. Her stuff is definitely "gotta have!" More about Cindy in another post very soon.




2 comments:

Kayla said...

I saw your comment on The Bloggess', uh.. blog - so here I am. Just trying to help out. The art you've posted is beautiful.. wish I lived somewhere artsy. People here think tempera paint on butcher paper is fine art. It's a tragedy.

Indigo said...

You may now consider yourself stroked. :)