Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Wishful Thinking!!!

The Rogue Speaks:

Yes, I know I missed Alphabe-Thursday, but I'll be back with it next week.  Too much going on, and way too much typing for my errant right hand.  So here is my offering for this week's Saturday Centus.  We have a prompt from Jenny, and it is in bold type, and we only have 98 words total.  I asked my right hand if we could do this without screwing up, and  then I humbly leaped into the breach!

WISHFUL THINKING


In my daydream, I was finally able to play the violin, and ice skate like a professional without falling on my butt.  The doctor, a wonderfully brilliant, kind, and compassionate man, had confirmed the diagnosis, and it wasn’t some vague “pinched nerve” in some obscure place.  He didn’t treat the symptoms—he actually FIXED the problem!

He listened, and took notes!  He thought carefully about treatment.   Then, at last,   I was cured!  And the bill?  It was only 98 cents!!!

“Doctor, “ I asked, “can I play the violin?”

“Of  course!” he replied.

“Funny!  I never could before!”

17 comments:

21 Wits said...

Yay! She's back! ...and your right hand let you put a marvelously but somewhat unbelievable story together...a doctor bill of only 98 cents! Ha ha! If only right! I hope all is taking a good mending, (I know from my cat bite/infection) that it can be miserable, when and if you're right handed and you just hurt so much! I hope your week settles some too...take care, Karen

anitamombanita said...

Nice job for someone with an errant right hand. And to think you couldn't even write before...haha...just kidding. Of course you can write, and beautifully! Hope your hand's a healin' right fast. We need you!

Jo said...

oh that was a wonderful dream, now if only it could come true ... sending you some healing energy and wishes ... hugs!!!

Judie said...

Were it not for my new best friend, "backspace" I never would have been able to put this thing together!!!!

Lynn said...

Ah yes, the 98¢ doctor... the last time I saw him my prescription was to take two Spree candies twice a day while waving chicken feathers:@)

Ames said...

Turd! I saw that one coming LOL! Hope you are feeling better soon girl friend.Prayers and healing thoughts! Can't wait to hear you in concert!:D~Ames

Vicki/Jake said...

mwahaha! Your humor will never fade :) Hope the rest of you is healing. xoxox

Melody said...

LOL! Wonderful :)

moondustwriter said...

hard to do much with one hand / hope it gets well soon
maybe the doctor will charge an additional 98 cents
cheers / have a gr8 week

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Oh I wish the dream came true for you, and then I will ask for a referral to your doctor, too :-)

Cher Duncombe said...

Judie, in spite of everything you are going through, your good spirit prevails and I am so proud of you. Dreams are good for the soul. The doctor, on the other hand, if you have not fired him yet, deserves to live in your nightmares.

Please know that we are all thinking of you, my sister. Let us know if you need a posse!

EG CameraGirl said...

Ha! You surprised me with the ending. :)

nothingprofound said...

Judie, so sorry to hear of your physical troubles. Voltaire said: "If God didn't exist it would be necessary to invent Him." I guess the same thing is true of doctors who really care about their patients.

ChrisJ said...

The value of medical attention you've been getting lately is about 98 cents - and you had to befriend backspace on your own.

Get well!

Tammy said...

Now I definitely want the name of that doctor. I want to be able to sing for once. And play bagpipes. Here's hoping your dream comes true and you get healed for good!

Jenny said...

I got to giggling over Liz's picture as an elf in your sidebar. I've seen that before but it made me crack up again today.

I hope things turn around for you soon, Miss Judie.

This has to be getting old.

And I hope you CAN play the violin someday soon!

Annesphamily said...

Ha Ha! Great story! Your imagination is wonderful! Have a great week!