Wednesday, May 25, 2011
A Little Trivia
The Rogue Speaks:
When Mari Sterling Wilbur awarded me the "One Lovely Blog" award, it came with the stipulation that I provide seven facts about myself. First let me tell you that the photo above was taken last July in Cancun. I don't know why people are interested in knowing more about me, but here is some trivia for you:
1. Don't tell my mother I'm an artist--she thinks I play piano in a whore house. (That's a joke, folks!)
Painting by Henri Matisse
2. I was the first woman to be hired by an international company as a flower broker in Chicago.
Aalsmeer Flower Market is the largest flower auction in the world.
3. I am a founding member, and past president, of the Southern Arizona Arts Guild.
Guild members enjoy quarterly critiques. The Guild was founded in 2002.
4. I play golf 2 or 3 times a week.
I am the one on the right!
5. We have 6 children between us. Oh, make that 8 if we count our dog-children, Mulligan and Lizzy.
6. I started creating art when I was 7 years old.
7. The police came to my house on Sunday night because vandals tried to steal my patio furniture, and walked on the fabric canopy of my gazebo, shredding the pergola and bending the frame. If they try it again, I hope someone gets a broken leg so I can watch them writhe in pain before I call the police and 911. Yes, I DO have a very evil streak.
These are handcuffs--not a sex toy!!