Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Jekyll Island Beach 2012
There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday


The Rogue Speaks:

dthaase's Whimsical Wednesday is SO MUCH FUN! I hope you will check out the other entries!

My entry is a small piece--only 10 x 10--and it is an encaustic on panel. It is currently on display at a gallery in Tucson. I have entitled it "Young Santa" because I am sure Santa wasn't BORN old!

The glasses? Yep, they're mine--old ones, of course!!

14 comments:

dthaase said...

I love this - another great addition to the whimsy!

Bruce Coltin said...

I think I see John Lennon in there.

Judie said...

Bruce!!! I haven't heard from you in so long!! It is seriously time for you to write another post!!! We miss you!!!

Jo said...

Judy, this is seriously fabulous!!!

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Judy ~ great job! Bravo! Love it and using encaustics ~ fun with the mustache? eh? ~ namaste, Carol ^_^

Cindy Adkins said...

This is amazing! and I never thought of Santa being young--how brilliant and fabulously created, my friend!

XO
Cindy

Pondside said...

I love the idea of a young Santa.
I know so shamefully little about art - am now off to google the technique you mention.

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

I love the upturned mustache and the smile in his eyes. Fun!

Sandy Coleman said...

Wow. This so life-like. So much character in the eyes and in such a small space. I love it.

askcherlock said...

Beautifully whimsical, Judie! I love the glasses and I do see a bit of John Lennon here too.

Ames said...

That nose looks so real! I had to get up close to see if it wasn't a real person. Nice touch with the glasses. You are just so gosh darn talented! Hugs~Ames

Heather said...

this is so cool! I love the glasses and the hair!

bluzdude said...

I'm with Bruce... I saw an aging John Lennon.

Jenny said...

I saw John Lennon, too. But maybe that's because it is so freakin' hot I can't even think about Christmas - ha!