Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back From The Dead

The Rogue Speaks:

I reached a turning point today. Actually it is the "point of no return." Seeking to avoid being nagged incessantly by my Best Friend Artist because "you took that class, now do something with it!!!" I threw caution to the winds and dragged out all that expensive encaustic equipment and supplies that I paid a king's ransom for several years ago. Six hours later, Rod came in and asked me if I was going to get dressed today. Yes, I still have my pajamas on. And yes, I am going to change before I go to bed.

I stole some sticks out of a vase that I have in the den, took some weird mushroom-like pod out of my textures box, and armed with a couple of brushes and hot wax, I tried to remember everything I had learned in my class.

In one respect, wax is ergonomically way more efficient than oil paint, because if you want it to dry quickly so you can continue, you either put your work in the freezer, or run an ice cube over the part you want to set up quickly. Since my freezer is packed to capacity with veggies that are good for you, skinless chicken, and salmon, I chose the ice cube method. Oh, o.k.! I do have some ice cream sandwiches in there, too. BUT they are low fat, and yes I know you can't eat the whole box at one sitting just because they are low fat.

Rod had a meeting at 5, so when he left, I started cleaning up and threw together a pot of chili for supper. This is a great night for chili, because the wind is howling, the sky is black, and up on Mt. Lemmon, the snow is falling. So what if it is 60 degrees on the valley floor--it is a chili night.

No comments: