Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Temporary Cerebral Spasm

The Rogue Speaks:

I spent yesterday staring at all my encaustics supplies. Yep! As soon as I recovered from that weekend work, I thought for sure that I would have a creative flash and start throwing hot wax around my kitchen. But I had left the safety and comfort of all those nice artists with whom I spend the better part of last Saturday and Sunday. I am alone now, and I just don't know what to do! It seems I need a push, or maybe the companionship of at least one of those wonderful people. I know I have to get over this. Art is a solitary activity. That is the reason we have like kind with whom we can gather occasionally to share ideas--because we are alone so much of the time with our thoughts and our craft. Writers are like that, too. They don't sit down in a group every day and say, "O.K.! Let's write something!" But they do get together, I suppose, for a critique every once in a while.

Our art guild is having a critique in February. All of us decided to bring our weekend work so the rest of the group can see what we did, and ooh and ahh. Maybe that will be the push I need to get going. Or maybe when the rain stops and all that good sunlight awakens my brain! Or maybe I should get back into the habit of going to galleries to check out what is going on in the rest of the art world. I've always loved doing that! And the sun is coming out.

I'm getting dressed now. See you later!!

No comments: