Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Jekyll Island Beach 2012

Friday, January 29, 2010

It's Showtime!

The Rogue Speaks:

All the cool spring art shows have started up, and I thought I would give you a rundown of the ones that the Guild members are participating in.

Diane Bailey-Haug is in a show at the Ranch House Gallery at Agua Caliente Park. The reception is tomorrow from 11 until 1. The gallery is open Wednesday through Sunday from 10 until 3. The show runs through March 3.

Jo Andre is in two shows--one at Northern Trust on Sunrise, The Empire Ranch Foundation Show. It is open from 8:30 until 4 through March 12. She is also showing at Ventana Medical Systems through Febuary. The gallery is open Wednesdays from 9 until 12, and Fridays from 1 until 4.

The Southern Arizona Arts Guild has a show at Brandi Fenton Park that runs from March 3 through April 5. The show is "Visions" and I have visions of making a sale or two there so I can pay my bills!

Saundra Trumbull sent me a Call to Artists for a show called "The Monsters That Made Us" at the Holy Joe Studio at 1126 N. Stone. Where they ever came up with that title I am afraid to guess. It sounds a little scary, but I just might submit a piece or two as long as they don't want really bizarre stuff like naked women with blood running down the whole canvas. Or stuff like "The Scream"--or detailed drawings of super-heros fighting the evil-doers. I get bad dreams from those, even though I have seen some that are so exquisitely executed (no pun intended).

Anyway, the weather has finally turned a corner, hopefully, and all our muses who have been hiding away where it is dry and warm, can now come out and inspire us in the sunlight. I always work better when it is sunny and warm(er).

I hope I run in to all of you at some of these shows, or see you at the next Guild meeting. It is next Saturday, by the way.

No comments: